5 Romantic Gestures for your Website on Valentines Day
1. Show love regularly
Valentine’s day is all about declaring your one true love and making them feel special. But, you shouldn’t only do this once a year.
The same goes for your website. Take the time to show your website regular love and care.
- Are all your listed staff still employed and in the same departments?
- Have they any new certifications?
- Do you have any new employees?
- Are your current services up-to-date?
- Are you a part of any new organizations or support any new charities?
- Are your current products or latest work on display?
- Is your office in the same location?
- Are your contact forms working?
There are tons of ways to add new content to your website on a regular basis by means of a blog:
- Educational videos
- How-to demonstration videos
- Testimonial videos
- New staff introductions
- Interviews with professionals
- Relevant news
- Industry tips
- Top lists
- Answer customer questions
2. Be yourself
Don’t try to impress others. Be yourself and you’ll be respected for who you are. Those who are interested in your brand, products/services, or industry, will find you, and when they do, they will understand you.
- Don’t keyword stuff.
- Ensure each post discusses one specific topic.
- Speak in layman’s terms so anyone can understand it.
- Let your personality shine through your tone of voice.
- Stand out and be unique.
- More tips
- And more tips
3. Declare your passion to the world
When you love something with all your heart, you want to tell the world about it. So, preach your passion to the world.
There are many ways to make your business known both organically and through paid advertising:
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Google AdWords
- Facebook advertising
- Twitter advertising
- YouTube advertising
4. Sharing is caring
Once people see how awesome you are, they’ll want to share your awesomeness with others. It’s as easy as ensuring your social media links are pointing to the right URLs and available on every single page. Make it easily accessible by placing them in your header.
Don’t forget about social sharing buttons on your blog posts. Always include the top 5 social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
Optimize your posts for sharing with a featured image and an appropriate title and meta description. Set your Twitter share button to automatically pull the title of your post, your twitter handle, the respective author’s twitter handle, and any branded hashtags.
5. Don’t discriminate
The most vital way to show your website love is by allowing everyone to experience it. Don’t discriminate by device: make it mobile friendly. There’s two ways to do this: a mobile site or a responsive site.
If you’re located in an area where multiple locations are spoken, like Montreal, Quebec, ensure customers of both native languages can experience your website the same.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Latest posts by Kelsey Vere (see all)
- Types of Posts for Your Social Media Strategy - September 23, 2015
- Natalie Waddell Certified WordPress SEO Expert - September 18, 2015
- 15 Website Peeves Business’ Must Avoid for Successful Inbound Marketing - September 10, 2015